Thursday, July 22, 2010

celebrate in colour


The other day Philip said "you like colorful things". Hmmm. That's an interesting observation .I look at my layouts and cards and I see mostly muted shades. I-Mei & I talked about this and we challenged each other to take it up a notch, with colour. Most of the night we played. Brighter. Bolder. Totally out of our comfort zone. =) She came up with 2 cards for our Fancy Schmancy card class on the 5th of August & I started working on this minibook, possibly for a class but there will have to be some modifications. The idea was inspired by this little stamp with the sentiment, 'YOU make me happy'.

I worked mostly with So Sophie paper by My Mind's Eye. In store now! And loads of glimmer mist. A departure from my usual shabby palette but I think they work pretty well, especially when you're celebrating someone. I guess I'll have to clear up & turn in now. But I'm eager to keep going.
Hope there'll be some scrapping time tomorrow.

No comments: