Sunday, October 17, 2010

{fine things}


I'm camping out in the living room, surrounded with notebooks and piles of paper and my laptop. Sarah has a fever and I'm keeping her company down here. I have been around the world this morning, sourcing for interesting things to carry in the new store. Scrapbooking treasure will have to share the stage with a little adjacent area which will house an even older dream:
smida {fine things} .
Always in love with beautiful objects, art and the perfect gift, smida {fine things} will be an expression of that love. So everyday, I take a little detour from paper & crafts and wander along , totally mesmerized by the distraction. There are so many creative souls out there, people make the most beautiful art in all forms. Intricate hand sculpted dishes, beaded jewelry, antique hair clips, silk table runners, hand woven heirloom rugs, everything you can imagine. And Art. Oh yes! Art. I have a rubber stamp and it says "Art helps me breathe". Art in all forms. Anything you create, with your hands and from your soul is art to me. So, sometime in the next couple of weeks, we will launch our new website and it will introduce smida {fine things}. =)
It's taking me much longer than I thought to put that together so it will be a slow evolving process but I can see where it's going. Oh, I hope someone , someday buys me one of those pieces of heART. If you can think of anyone whose work is worth featuring, let me know.
Tell you more soon.

No comments: