Thursday, January 10, 2008

What makes you special?



First day back at school and Sarah had a whole lot of stories to share. Her new English teacher asked each student ,"Tell me your name, what you got for English last year and what is special about you". I don't remember ever being asked that on the first day of school. How interesting! Sarah said she was special because she likes dogs. Has anyone ever asked you this question?What would you have said? The first thing that comes to your mind?

Each of us is uniquely made. Ultimately special. And yet, it isn't the big things that makes us so. I thought about it and the first thing that came to my mind was the time I turned 40 and I started writing in my planner in ink. Before this, I used a pencil. Easier to make changes. Neater. Non committal. It seemed that with this tiny move I became bolder. Something worth remembering.

Why are YOU special? Go ahead, ask the question. Ask it around the house. On your next date. At the office. A whole lot of reasons worth scrapping are just waiting...

No comments: